大多数 people are familiar with a colonoscopy as a diagnostic procedure. 但这并不意味着每个人都知道 为什么 你应该接受这个特殊的检查.
Usually, a colonoscopy is performed to detect the early formation of colorectal cancer. 通常，这种疾病的早期症状很容易被忽视. 但早期发现是成功治疗的关键. A colonoscopy is the best way to detect colorectal cancer early and enable life-saving treatment when necessary.
你的结肠, 也就是你的大肠, is part of your digestive tract and is responsible for helping you to process food. Colorectal cancer–often known simply as colon cancer–is a specific type of growth that impacts the large intestine.
结肠癌通常以息肉的小生长开始. These polyps may look like tiny bumps in the lining of your intestine. 在绝大多数情况下，这些息肉是无害的. 然而，随着时间的推移，其中一些生长可能会癌变. 这就是为什么息肉通常在第一次被发现时就被切除.
Growths in the colon can sometimes result in bloody or discolored stool. 然而，它们通常表现为无症状. 这就是为什么筛查是至关重要的. 不幸的是，结肠癌通常在很晚的阶段才被发现. 结果是, the disease has earned the unfortunate moniker of “the silent killer.” And with colon cancer rates on the rise, effective screening is more important than ever.
任何年龄都有可能患结直肠癌. However, this particular disease becomes more common as you grow older. 结果是, most physicians recommend patients begin screening for this type of cancer at the age of 45.
- 45岁以下: 在一般情况下, those under age 45 will not need to undergo colorectal cancer screenings unless their health, 家族病史, 或者其他个人因素需要早期筛查.
- 年龄在45 - 75: You should undergo your first routine colonoscopy by the time you are 45 years old. You should continue to undergo regular screenings until the age of 75.
- 年龄在76 - 85年: Patients between the ages of 76-85 should discuss their colorectal screenings with their doctors. 定期检查可能合适，也可能不合适, 取决于你的喜好, 预期寿命, 风险因素.
- 85岁以上: 在一般情况下, colorectal screenings are no longer recommended for those over the age of 85.
有几种不同的筛选类型. You should talk to your doctor about whether you’re better served by a colonoscopy or a fecal test (or both).
The frequency of your recommended colonoscopy or other colon screenings will generally depend on your risk profile. 如果你最初的结肠镜检查显示没有癌症或生长的迹象, 你可能每十年只需要做一次. 但是如果你有较高的风险或者发现了息肉, 你可能需要更频繁地接受检查. 你的医生会告诉你多久来一次.
- Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- A personal or 家族病史 of colorectal cancer or colorectal polyps.
- A genetic syndrome such as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (Lynch syndrome).
- 烟草的使用. For help with quitting tobacco talk to your doctor or contact the SD Quitline or call 1-866-SD-QUITS
Schedule an appointment with your primary care provider and discuss your colorectal cancer risks and which screening method is right for you.
由于家庭或个人病史，你的风险可能会增加. It’s important to see your health care provider annually for a physical and talk to him or her about any health concerns you may have. Know your 家族病史 and make sure it is documented in your medical history.
这些症状可能不是由癌症引起的, but the only way to know what is causing them is to speak with your doctor about them.
有几种筛查结直肠癌的方法. 正确的选择取决于几个因素. 你和你的医生会决定哪一种最适合你.
One of the most common colorectal screening techniques is a procedure called a colonoscopy. 大多数 patients know they’ll need a colonoscopy at some point–but many people have questions about what actually happens during the diagnostic procedure.
在结肠镜检查开始之前，你可能会被注射镇静剂. 有些病人更喜欢全身麻醉进行筛查. 这是你可以和你的医生讨论的!
一旦你舒服地侧身躺下, your doctor will insert a special device called a colonoscope into your rectum. This is a thin, flexible tube that has a camera attached to the end of it. Your doctor will then search for signs of irritation, growths, or other possible issues.
In some cases, biopsies and removal of tissue can be performed during the colonoscopy itself.
Your doctor will likely give you special instructions as the date of your colonoscopy appointment approaches. 这些指示可包括以下内容:
- 你会被要求避免某些食物. 大多数 patients are asked to avoid solid food for 24 hours before their appointment. 你还会被要求避免饮用任何不透明的液体.
- 和你的医生谈谈药物治疗: 手术前, you may have to talk to your doctor about the medications you’re on–and make some small alterations where necessary.
- 吃泻药: Many doctors will prescribe strong doses of laxatives before colonoscopies. This helps ensure that your colon is relatively clear and it’s easy to view.
A colonoscopy is a very routine procedure, but you may still have questions about what will happen. 一定要和你的医生谈谈你可能有的任何问题.
底线 . . . 得到筛选!
在全球最大赌博365网站P提供我们的病人.C. Norfolk we provide our patients with the latest technologies and procedures in Colorectal care.
The American Cancer Society lists colorectal cancer as the second most common cause of cancer death in cancers that affect both men and women. Early detection of any cancer is key to successful treatment and survival rates. The recommended age for regular colorectal cancer screenings has recently been lowered to age 45.
有各种各样的筛选工具可用, 拜访你的初级保健医生，看看哪种测试适合你. If you need to establish with a primary care provider visit our find a provider page.
保险 & 医疗保险覆盖率
大多数 保险计划和医疗保险 help pay for colorectal cancer screening for people who are 45 years old or older. Colorectal cancer screening tests may be covered by your health insurance policy without a deductible or co-pay. If you have specific questions about covered benefits on your policy, call the customer service phone number on the back of your insurance card. For more information about Medicare coverage visit the Medicare website or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).